Canadian FAQs

Canadian FAQs

We will provide you with all the necessary information to know: date and place of arrival, so that you can book the flight that suits you, on your own.

There must be at least 2 months between the time of your registration and the departure date for your program. The required time is especially necessary to ensure that you obtain your visa!

For the Study and Work program in Canada, a study permit is required.

For any other program, all information and visa applications for Canada can be done on the International Experience Canada website.


It is recommended to bring all the medications you may need during your stay.

Make sure you have a valid prescription for these medications, as Canadian customs may require proof that the medications are intended for you.

It is also recommended to consult your doctor before your trip to get personalized advice.

You can check the recommendations from Institut Pasteur by destination on this link.


It is mandatory to have travel insurance (health and repatriation).

You can purchase your travel insurance online with our partner Chapka, and receive 5% discount with this link.

The national currency used in the country since 1935 is the Canadian dollar.

Once you’re on site, you can pay with your credit card or with Canadian dollars exchanged before your departure or upon arrival.

International airports typically have currency exchange offices, and you can also find them in cities.

It is also recommended to check with your bank if your debit/credit card can be used in Canada and if any additional fees will be charged for international transactions.

In May 2023, 1 euro is equivalent to 1.46 Canadian dollars.

In general, the cost of living is comparable to Western European countries, but prices can vary depending on sectors and goods or services.

For housing, real estate prices are similar to those in major French cities.

When it comes to food, while fast food options may be slightly cheaper, fresh produce such as fruits and vegetables are similar to those in Western European countries.

Expect to pay between $1.95 and $2.85 for a bus ticket!

In Canada, the climate is often described as continental. The winter is harsh and lasts an average of 6 months. Spring, in April, only lasts a few weeks before giving way to a mild summer, starting in June, with hot temperatures in July and August. Autumn is also an ideal season for traveling, with sunny and temperate days.

For the Study and Work programs in Canada, we require a sufficiently high level of English proficiency necessary for understanding the courses and training, as well as for effective communication with others. An English test is conducted to assess your level and ability to integrate into the program.

For other programs, an intermediate level of English is also required.

Yes, all our projects are located in English-speaking regions only!

In general, WiFi is available almost everywhere in major Canadian cities.

Please refer to the brochure of your program for information about WiFi availability on the projects.

We recommend buying a local SIM card with internet when you arrive in the country, at the airport.

Also, take into account the several hours of time difference with France!

Yes, you will need to purchase an adapter in order to plug in your devices.

You will need a plug adapter with Canadian prongs, type A or B.


The laundry options vary from project to project and are generally indicated in the guide provided by each project.

Some projects offer an included laundry service, while others use an external service for a small fee.

In any case, there are means to do laundry during your stay.

Yes, depending on the program, you have two options:
– The first option is Homestay with full board in a private or shared room with a maximum of 2 occupants, with a shared bathroom.
– The second option is a student residence (located in the city center) with an individual room and shared bathroom.